I spent most of yesterday converting my portfolio to a Jekyll and a slightly less time changing the theme for my blog. I knew it would be time consuming, but I’m happy with the results and the ensuing flexibility I now have.

My main site used to be a one-pager that I had to keep linking off of to show any work. I added new page layouts since that was driving me up a wall. While doing this, I also discovered a bug in Kramdown that still exists concerning iframes. (I’m using the latest version of Jekyll for my site but the problem has appearently existed since at least 2015.) I’ve been doing my best to work around it and will be messing with the css once I finish porting all the information in.

The theme update for my blog was a little different. I went with another premade theme for this one because I needed “Categories” to work in a certain way. It’s using older gems so i have to use a very specific command whenever I build the blog. At some point I’ll just create a new theme from scratch with the latest version of Jekyll so I don’t have to worry about that anymore. For now, it does what I need it to do. I can be more organized with my posts and link to Category pages when necessary.